woensdag 10 februari 2016

Reading Challenge - Jan

Hello!!
This year I decided to do two reading challenges, yes two, because i wanted to do one last year but i horribly failed but now I am reading books like crazy so im doing this one and this one. Even though I am quite late this time I want to kind of review the books I read after a month and show my progress. I am the kind of person that reads more books at once sometimes so I will only write about the ones I finished. At the end of the year I will post the pictures of the lists with crosses or something to show how I did. So here are the books I read in January:



Alex Rider - Scorpia
While basically everyone I know has Harry Potter as their childhood book-series this has been without a doubt the piece of magic in my life. The Alex Rider series written by Anthony Horowitz has 9 books and the first one has been made into a movie, Stormbreaker, I really recommend it. It made me sad to finish this. I put it away after I didnt like a certain part but i still picked it up (courageously) again.

Aesop's Fables
A book with a lot of short stories that have a deeper meaning and a moral. Most of them have non-human characters. The themes deceit and trusts are used a lot. This book is perfect for people with less concentration like me.

Politically Correct Bedtime Stories
This book was absolutely flawless!! I got it as a present from my twinsister and its overloaded with humor and satire. The writer has altered stories like Cinderella and Rapunzel to a version that would be politcally right hence the name. If you are into political issues and fairy-tales it's a must-read.

The Sense Of An Ending
An absolutely beautiful book. I started reading it once but somehow I never finished but it was so long ago that i barely remembered the parts I did read. It gives a great new perspective on time and memories. It's written really well and I really increased my vocabulary with this.

Stay warm y'all and keep reading
Xx

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten